1. Last night when I (to have)_______________a shower, the lights (to go)_____out. I (to ask) ________my mother if she (to do)___________ it accidentally. She said she (to bring)____________a flashlight in a minute. So I (to save)_______________from the bathroom with her help.
2. When Helen (to hear) ________that her best friend (to deceive) _______________ her she (to turn)_______ pale.
3. Look here, Mike. Why you (to watch)_________________TV instead of studying. If you (to have) ________ your exam tomorrow you will definitely fail it. Don't say that I (not to warn)____________________you.
1. Once ... poor woodman went to ... wood which was on ... bank of ... deep river. ... woodman was working ... whole day and got tired.
2. The centre of New York is built on ... island. ... first Europeans who colonized ... island bought it from ... Indians living there for $24.
III. Вставьте правильный предлог или послелог, где необходимо.
1. When the ship was approaching ... Naples, all the tourists went ... on the deck to look ... the city which could be seen ... the distance.
2. When we went ... holiday my mother was never angry ... me ... my bad behaviour.
Jane has met Terry in the street.
J: Hi, there_______________________________________________
T: Fine, thanks.
Т То the post-office. I want to send a parcel to my parents.
T: No, they live in the States.
T: I have studied at this University for two years already.
T: I'll stay in London for the summer holiday. I won't go back to the States.
1. There are very (мало) __________lumps of sugar left.
2. The President is going (сделать) __________a statement.
3. I am not sure if (что-то)_______________can be done under the circumstances.
4. He doesn't like to stay in big hotels (также)__________
5. It's cold today, (надень) __________your warm coat.
6. He has never wanted (другой) ___________life but this.
7. Is anybody else going to come (кроме) __________Helen.
8. Will you please (отнести) __________these books back to the library?
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) They've been here during morning.
b) They've been here since morning.
c) They've been here in the morning.
2. a) What pleasant news!
b) What a pleasant news!
c) What the pleasant news!
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. Do you want tea or coffee? a. Neither do I.
2. He doesn't share this point of view. b. Either will do.
3. He thinks science makes us wiser. c. So do I.
I. 1. was having; went out; asked; had done; would bring; was saved
2. heard; had deceived; turned
3. are watching; have (are having); haven’t warned
II. 1. a; the; the; a; the; the
2. an; the; the; the
III. 1.-; out; at; in(from)
2. on; with; for
IV. 1. He spoke so quietly that nobody could hear him.
2. Do you mind if Bob comes to the cinema with us tonight?
3. The pupils’ marks are sent to their parents at the end of the year.
V. 1. How are you?
2. Where are you going?
3. Do they live in England?
4. How long have you studied at this university?
5. What will you do on your summer holiday? (Will you go back to the States or will you stay in London for the summer holiday?)
VI. 1. few; 2. to make; 3. anything; 4. either; 5. put on; 6. another; 7. besides; 8. take
VII. lb; 2a
VIII. lb; 2a; 3c