I. Откройте скобки, употребив глагол в правильной временной форме.
1. Mark (to be)____________keen on video games for years. He (to
play)_______ them morning, noon and night. Yesterday he even
(to cut) ______lessons to play games. Right now he (not to do)
_______________very well at school. Unless he (to go)______to
school every day, his parents (to invite)_________________ to
see the headmaster.
2. When I asked why she (not to want)_________________to go
downtown with me she said that the teacher (to give)____________
them a lot of homework in maths as they (to have)____________
another test in a few days.
3. A bad accident (to happen)_____________on Highway 95 last
night. Someone (to drive)_______________at high speed and a
bicyclist (to hit) ____________at crossroads.
1. Many years ago ... famous theatre was preparing for ... first night. ... producer wanted ... play to be ... success.
2. ... cup is dirty. Can I have ... clean one?
3. Browns Ltd is ... large company in ... Park street. It makes ... furniture.
III. Вставьте правильный предлог или послелог, где необходимо.
1. She was rude ... me ... yesterday morning and she hasn't apologised ... me ... it yet.
2. Youneedtoput ... something warmer than a jacket ... suchawindy day.
3. He is married ... my sister and they have two children.
Elmer is travelling about Europe and he is calling his mother home.
E: I've just arrived in Prague, Mum.
E: Yes, I have. I've been to Madrid and Paris.
E: I left Paris last night.
E: I am leaving for Vienna tomorrow.
E: Yes, Mum. I have very little money left. That's why I am calling.
1. How (много)_______sugar do you take in your tea?
2. Some students came into the room with us and (другие) _______
came a bit later.
3. I didn't eat breakfast this morning, (тоже) _______did my sister.
4. The boy has started to work (намного) _______harder recently.
5. By some (счастливый)_________chance he caught sight of me
in the crowd.
6 All their relations (кроме)_________the younger son were present
at the family party.
7 Last year inflation was tremendous and the prices (поднялись) _________considerably.
8. If there is а (свободное) ___________seat in the hall, you may
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) Will it make her visit us more often?
b) Will it make her to visit us more often?
c) Will it make her visiting us more often?
2. a) They spent their last holiday in the country.
b) They had spent their last holiday in the country.
c) They spend their last holiday in the country.
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. What is he? a. He is an angel.
2. How is he? b. He is all right.
3. What is he like? , c. He is a musician.
I. 1. has been; plays; cut; is not doing; goes; will be invited
2. didn’t want; had given; had (were having)
3. happened; was driving; was hit
II. l.a; the; the; the; a
2. the; a
3. a; -; -
III. 1. to; -; to; for
2. on; on
IV. 1. Do animals have the same emotions as human beings?
2.1 can’t wait to see what she looks like.
3. It is the first time I have heard from her in three years.
V. 1. Where are you now? (Where have you just arrived?)
2. Have you been to any big European cities?
3. When did you leave Paris?
4. Where are you going next? (When are you leaving for Vienna?)
5. Do you need money?
VI. 1. much; 2. the others; 3. neither; 4. much; 5. lucky; 6. except; 7. rose (went up); 8. vacant
VII. 1a; 2a
VIII. 1c; 2b; 3a