1. Mr. and Mrs. Flint(to intend)___________to visit their son's school
tomorrow. When they(to get)-----------there, they(to see)
__________the headmaster first.
2. When I(to talk)_______________with my friend at the party last
night I.(to ask)_______him where his cousin Freddy(to be)
________I(to tell)_________that he(to leave)___________
for Leeds and(to come)____________ back in a month.
3. — You ever(to talk)_______________to your teacher about your
— Yes, I(to talk)_______________to her several times. In fact
I(to talk)_______________to her about it after class yesterday
when you(to wait)_______________ for me outside.
Jack comes from ... United Kingdom of ... Great Britain. That's ... official name of ... country, but there are ... other names for it. He lives in ... Highlands, which are in ... northern part of the country.
Jack is ... friend from ... school. In fact he is ... best friend I have from there.
1. They arrived ... London ... the 14th ... April and left ... Oxford ... June. They will be back only ... a month.
2. What was the reason ... his absence?
Diana is leaving the party at the Simpsons' house. She is talking to Mr. Simpson.
D: Thank you. You needn't give me a lift.
D: The bus will take me straight to my house.
D: About an hour.
D: My son Terry will meet me at the bus-stop.
D: No. Our house is just round the corner.
1. These days people buy(меньше)__________newspapers than they
2. Will you give me(другую)_________cup of tea?
3. It turned out they hadn't heard from them(тоже)__________
4. He doesn't have(никого)____________to talk to.
5. I'd like to(поднять)_________some more questions.
^__________to working late.
7. He saved money, but never kept(их)_________in the bank.
8.(Ниодин)_______of the two brothers followed their father's career.
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) It was still light and we hadn't to hurry.
b) It was still light and we had to hurry.
c) It was still light and we didn't have to hurry.
2. a) Why are you so angry for me?
b) Why are you so angry with me?
c) Why are you so angry on me?
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. Shall we go out? a. Yes, I'd love to.
2. Would you like to come with me? b. Thank you, I will.
3. Come and see us this Sunday. c. Yes, let's.
I. 1, intend (are intending); get; will see
2. was talking; asked; was; was told; had left; would come
3. have talked; have talked; was talking (talked); were waiting
II. 1. the; -; the; the; -; the; the; a; -; the
III. 1. in; on; of; for; in; in
IV. 1.1 am afraid there isn’t anything else I can do for you.
2. What time do you want to leave for the airport?
3. Our teacher asked me why I wasn’t working at my desk.
V. 1. Shall I give you a lift? (Do you need a lift?)
2. How will you get home then?
3. How long will it (does it) take you to get home?
4. Who will meet you at the bus-stop? (Will anybody meet you at the bus-stop?)
5. Is your house far from the bus-stop?
VI. 1. fewer; 2. another; 3. either; 4. anybody; 5. raise; 6. is used; 7. it; 8. neither
VIII. lc; 2a; 3b