1 Answer the questions about the pictures. Use in, at or on with the words below the pictures.
(bottle), (traffic lights), (arm), (door),
(Paris), (wall), (top/ bottom /stairs),
(gate), (end/queue), (beach)
1. Where's the label? _On the bottle._
2. Where is the car waiting? ---.
3. Where's the fly? ---.
b. Where's the key? ---.
5. Where's the Eiffel Tower?. ---.
6. Where are the shelves? ---.
b. And the cat? ---.
b. Where's the bird? ---.
9. Where's Tom standing? ---.
10. Where are the children playing?. ---.
2 Complete the sentences. Use in, at or on + one of the following:
the window / your coffee / the mountains / that tree /my guitar / the river the island / the next garage
1. Look at those people swimming _in the river._
2. One of the strings --- is broken.
3. There's something wrong with the car. We'd better stop ---.
4. Would you like sugar ---?
5. The leaves --- are a beautiful colour.
6. Last year we had a wonderful skiing holiday ---.
7. There's nobody living --- It's uninhabited.
8. He spends most of the day sitting --- and looking outside.
3 Complete the sentences with in, at or on.
1. Write your name _at_ the top of the page.
2. I like that picture hanging --- the wall the kitchen.
3. There was an accident --- the crossroads this morning.
4. I wasn't sure whether I had come to the right office. There was no name --- the door.
5. --- the end of the street there is a path leading to the river.
6. You'll find the sports results --- the back page of the newspaper.
7. I wouldn't like an office job. I couldn't spend the whole day sitting --- a desk.
8. My brother lives --- a small village . the south-west of England.
9. The man the police are looking for has a scar --- his right cheek.
10. The headquarters of the company are --- Milan.
11. Nicola was wearing a silver ring --- her little finger.
2 At the traffic lights.
3 On his arm. or On the man's arm.
b. In the door.
6 On the wall.
b. At the bottom (of the stairs).
b. On the gate.
9 At the end of the queue.
10 On the beach.
2 on my guitar
3 at the next garage
5 on that tree
7 on the island
8 at the window
2 on the wall in the kitchen
8 in ... in