1 Answer the questions about the pictures. Use in, at or on with the words below the pictures.
(queue), (second floor), (corner), (corner), (front), (back/car), (mirror), (front), (back row), (left/right), (farm)
1. What's Sue doing? She's standing _in a queue._
2. Sue lives in this building. Where's her flat exactly? ---.
3. Where is the woman standing? ---.
4. Where is the man standing? ---.
5. Where's the dog? ---.
6. What's the man doing? He's looking ---.
7. Ann is in this group of people. Where is she? ---.
8. Tom is at the cinema. Where is he sitting? ---.
b. And the bank? ---.
10. Where does Kate work? ---.
2 Complete the sentences. Use in, at or on + one of the following:
the west coast / the world / the front row / the right / the back of the envelope / the sky / the back of the class / my way to work
1. it was a lovely day. There wasn't a cloud _in the sky._
3. What is the tallest building ---?
4. I usually buy a newspaper --- in the morning.
5. San Francisco is --- of the United States.
6. We went to the theatre last night. We had seats ---.
7. I couldn't hear the teacher very well. She spoke quietly and I was sitting - --.
8. When you send a letter, it is a good idea to write your name and address ---.
3 Complete the sentences with in, at or on.
1. It can be dangerous when children play --- the street.
2. If you walk to the end of the street, you'll see a small shop --- the corner.
3. Is Tom --- this photograph? I can't find him.
4. My office is the first floor. It's --- the left as you come out of the lift.
5. We normally use the front entrance but there's another entrance --- the back.
6. A: Is there anything interesting --- the paper today?
B: Well, there's an unusual photograph --- the back page.
7. I love to look up at the stars --- the sky at night.
8. (in a restaurant) 'Where shall we sit?' 'Over there, --- the corner.'
9. When I'm a passenger in a car, I prefer to sit --- the front.
10. It's a very small village. You probably won't find it --- your map.
11. Paris is --- the river Seine.
2 On the second floor.
3 On the corner. or At the corner.
7 At the front.
b. On the right.
10 On a farm.
2 on the right
4 on my way to work
5 on the west coast
7 at the back of the class
8 on the back of the envelope
2 on or at
4 on ... on