I. Откройте скобки, употребив глагол в правильной временной форме.
1. If you (not to turn)_______________off that noisy music, I (to do) __________ it myself.
You (to play)____________________ it since morning. Why you (not to listen) _________________while I (to speak) _______________to you?
2. — Tell me, Mr. Smith, you (to fix)_______________the computer when the slid (to fall) _______down?
— Yes. I (to do) _______________the same thing ever since I (to start)_________working here.
3. Last night Tim (to take)____________to see «My Fair Lady» at «The Paradise». After the performance he (to tell)_______ his friends he never (to see)____________a better musical.
It happened on ... spring day. ... village schoolgirl of about twelve was going home after ... school. When she was approaching ... river, she suddenly heard ... cries. She hurried in that direction and saw two small children on ...piece of ... ice. ... minute later she was down on ... ice. Soon other people helped her to carry them to ... safe place.
III. Вставьте правильный предлог или послелог, где необходимо.
1. Agatha was brought ... in the country ... her aunt.
2. They arrived ... New York ... 13th of June and are leaving ... Japan next week.
3. I filled ... the wrong form ... mistake.
Diana is talking to her friend Jason about her week-end.
D: We went to Cambridge for the day.
D: No, not very much. We went on the river and John got wet.
D: The weather was cold and wet.
D: John enjoyed seeing King's College Chapel most of all.
D: It took more than three hours. The journey was boring.
1. I don't like horror films and (тоже)___________does my friend.
2. I think they know very (мало) ___________English songs.
3. I am afraid there isn't (ничего) ____________else I can do for you.
4. The two planes were landing one after (другим)___________
5. Have you ever (делал) ___________any farm work?
6. The children were so (взволнованы) _________to see the clown.
7. They have been here more than once (в последнее время)
8. This work is (намного) ___________easier to do than you think.
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) What a clever woman she is.
b) What clever the woman she is.
c) How clever woman she is.
2. a) What weather is like in January?
b) What's the weather like in January?
c) How's weather like in January?
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. Can I have your dictionary for a while? a. With pleasure
2. Can I use your telephone? , b. 'Here you are.
3. Can you help me with this exercise? c. Yes, please.
I. 1. don’t turn; will (shall) do; have been playing (have played); don’t listen (aren’t listening); speak (am speaking)
2. were fixing; fell down; have been doing (have done); started
3. was taken; told; had seen
II. a; a; -; the; -; a; -; a; the; a
III. 1. up; by
2. in; on; for
3. in; by
IV. 1. Neither George nor Helen was happy about the idea.
2. Why is it important for all of them to have extra class activities?
3. Sally wrote to the university to ask for a catalogue.
V. 1. How did you spend your week-end? (Where did you go on your week-end?)
2. Did you like it?
3. What was the weather like?
4. What did John like there (enjoy in Cambridge) most of all?
5. How long did the journey take?
VI. 1. neither; 2. few; 3. anything; 4. the other; 5. done; 6. excited; 7. lately (recently); 8. much
VII. 1a; 2b
VIII. 1b; 2c; 3a