1. Look at Erin. She (to cry)__________and (to laugh)___________
at the same time. I wonder if she (to scream) ____________the
2. I'm tired of this cold weather. As soon as spring (to come)_______,
I (to play)_______________tennis and jog in the park.
3. While I (to make)____________dinner last night, some oil (to
catch) ._______on fire. The minute the ceiling detector (to begin)
--------.— to buzz, my roommate (to run)_______into the kitchen
and said he (to call)____________the fire-brigade immediately.
He said that the same thing once (to happen)_______________to
him. I said he didn't have to do it as the fire could (to fight) _____________out by the two of us easily.
One day on ... bright summer afternoon ... well-dressed young man, who looked like ... gentleman called to see ... well-known dentist in ... Picadilly street in London. He was shown into ... waiting-room and told that ... dentist was having ... dinner and he would examine ... man's teeth as soon as he finishes ... meal.
1. They'll have to get ... early ... Friday morning to catch ... the 7 o'clock train ... Leeds.
2. Jack is ... the habit ... riding his motorbike up and down the road ... the morning.
Miss Smith is having a job interview with the manager of a tour association.
S' No, I haven't done this kind of work before.
S: I saw an advertisement in the local paper.
S: I am working in a travel agency at the moment.
S: For over three years.
S: I want to have a better-paid job.
1. Here, children. I have two coins. One is for you, Tommy, (другая) ____________is for you, Jimmy.
2. There isn't (много)___________interesting news in the paper
3. This question is (намного)_________easier than the last one.
4. Karen hasn't seen this film and Erin hasnt't seen it (тоже)
5. I threw myself flat and (лежал) _________motionless for ten
6. Have you heard the (последние)____________news?
7. The boy didn't tell us (ничего)__________
8. This year she buys (меньше)_________new things than she did
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) This is not a single light in the house.
b) It is not a single light in the house.
c) There is not a single light in the house.
2. a) Before you left, don't forget to turn off the TV set.
b) Before you leave, don't forget to turn off the TV set.
c) Before you will leave, don't forget to turn off the TV set. -
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. Meet my friend Lucy. a. Yes, of course.
2. Will you meet my friend at 10.30? b. That'll be great.
3. How about meeting at 10.30? c. Nice to see you.
I. 1. is crying; is laughing; will scream 2. comes; will (shall) play (will be playing)
3. was making; caught; began; ran; would call; had happened; could be fought
II. a; a; a; a; -; the; the; -; the; the
III. 1. up; on; -; to 2. in; of; in
IV. 1. Will there be another earthquake anywhere this year?
2. These shoes are too tight for me to wear.
3. It is hardly possible to find him here at such an early hour.
V. 1. Have you done this kind of work before?
2. How did you learn about us?
3. Where are you working now?
4. How long have you worked there?
5. Why do you want to leave your job?
VI. 1. the other; 2. much; 3. much; 4. either; 5. lay; 6. latest; 7. anything; 8. fewer
VII. lc; 2b
VIII. lc; 2a; 3b