I(to write)____________to you because I hope that you will help
me. If you(to answer)__________my letter as soon as you can I(to
be)_________grateful to you.
A strange thing(to happen)____________to me yesterday. You
of course know my friend George. He(to move)____________to a
new flat recently. We(to meet)______in 1987 and(to be)__________
friends ever since.
I(to invite)_______________to his housewarming party a few
days ago. The thing is that when I(to speak)_______________to him
on the phone, the doorbell(to ring)__________I(to hang)_________
up and when I returned the paper with his address on it(to disappear)
____________________So I don't know where he lives. Maybe you
can help me.
It was ... beautiful day although there were ... few clouds in the sky. We went for ... walk by ... sea and then decided to visit ... Johnsons who live next to ... Lake Erewash. As we had left ... car by ... hotel we were staying at we went there by train. We had ... dinner at their place and had ... very enjoyable time.
III. Вставьте правильный предлог или послелог, где необходимо.
1. It doesn't matter ... me if we go out ... dinner or eat at home.
2. We are going ... holiday ... next month and I am looking forward ... it.
3. I apologized ... Ann ... keeping her late.
Cathy and Dennis are discussing their week-end.
C: I went to the ballet last night.
C: «The Sleeping Beauty».
C: Heather Kirkland was dancing the main part and there were several
new dancers as well.
C: She usually dances well but yesterday she danced badly.
C: Not really. I prefer disco dancing.
1. You are not going(никуда)____________until you finish doing
2. At present he is(делает)___________excellent progress learning
to be a programmer.
3. Can you stay here(немного)_________. longer?
4. He never(одалживает)____________anything from other people.
5. It would be(намного)_________quicker to get there by car.
6. I haven't heard from him(впоследнеевремя)_________
7. She's got(такие)_________beautiful green eyes.
8. — He refused to speak at the meeting. — I(тоже)_____________
VII. Выберите правильный вариант.
1. a) The old man's clothes was torn.
b) The old man's clothes were torn.
c) The old man's clothes is torn.
2. a) We'll be glad if we are allowed to take the exams earlier.
b) We'll be glad if we'll be allowed to take the exams earlier.
c) We'll be glad if we'll allow to take the exams earlier.
VIII. Соедините по смыслу фразы из левой и правой колонок.
1. How about going for a picnic? a. That's OK.
2. Sorry to keep you waiting. b. I am all for it.
3. Is that bag heavy, Marry? c. Not at all.
I. I. am writing; answer; will (shall) be; happened; has moved; met; have been; was invited; was speaking; rang; hung; had disappeared
II. a; a; a; the; the; -; the; the; -; a
III. 1. to; for
2. on; -; to
3. to; for
IV. 1. Do you think you will be in time for dinner today? (Will you be in time for dinner today do you think?)
2. The only thing that worried her most was the future of her children. (The future of her children was the only thing that worried her most).
3.1 hope the bus will be here in three minutes.
V. 1. How did you spend your week-end? (What did you do at the week-end?)
2. What did you see? (What ballet was it?)
3. Who danced (was dancing) the main part?
4. How did she dance yesterday? (Did you like her dancing? Did she dance well last night?)
5. Do you like ballet?
VI. 1. anywhere; 2. making; 3. a little, a bit, a little bit; 4. borrows;
5. much (far); 6. lately (recently); 7. such; 8. So did I
VII. 1b; 2a
VIII. 1b; 2a; 3c