Упражнения по Present Simple and Present Continuous с ответами. Рекомендуется письменно выполнить упражнения и проверить по ответам всем изучающим грамматику английского языка. Предлагается открыть скобки, а затем перевести на английский язык.
Ex. 1. Comment on the uses of the Present Simple
1. Nurses look after patients in hospitals.
2. Why don't you give up smoking?
3. I am weighing myself. I weigh 65 kilos.
4. This coat belongs to you.
5. She drives to London once a week.
6. Can he manage? – I hope so.
7. She loves her baby more than anything.
8. I occasionally eat meat.
9. Do you see that bird over there?
10. I wear old clothes at home.
11. The car stops outside the National Bank. Three men get out and the driver stays in the car. The three men walk into the bank and take out their guns.
12. Vegetarians don't eat meat or fish.
13. Let me explain what you have to do. First you take the photos and sort them into categories. Then you file them according to subject.
14. I often forget things.
15. Why doesn't he take up tennis?
16. Gases expand when heated.
17. Something smells strange.
18. We drink a lot of tea.
19. My uncle works in a factory.
20. The coach leaves at 6 this morning.
21. You know what I mean.
22. Do you like the music? – Yes, it's nice.
23. I always go out on Sundays.
24. The concert starts at 7 next Friday.
25. They pay $60 a week rent.
26. Ellis throws the ball in to Snow, but he loses it.
27. What time do banks close in England?
28. The earth goes round the sun.
29. You cook it for five minutes, and then you put the onions
30. I hear a bird. It is singing.
Ex. 2. Comment on the uses of the Present Continuous
1. I'm always paying for your coffee. Why can't you pay for a change?
2. We're spending next winter in Australia.
3. Don't rush me. I'm working as fast as I can.
4. We're enjoying our holiday here very much.
5. Young people are becoming more and more politically aware these days.
6. Ben and Patty are in London on holiday. They are staying at a small hotel near Hyde Park.
7. I'm meeting Sue on Saturday evening.
8. You are constantly panicking, aren't you? Calm down.
9. Is he arriving tomorrow?
10. What are you drinking? It looks awful.
11. She is always helping people.
12. She is still waiting to see the boss.
13. He is always upsetting people by asking personal questions.
14. She is running 1,500 meters in the next Olympics.
15. What is Maria doing these days? – She is studying English at a school in London.
16. She is forever forgetting to lock the front door.
17. He's hurrying to catch his train.
18. Prices are rising all the time. Everything is getting more and more expensive.
19. Tom isn't playing football this season. He wants to concentrate on his studies.
20. Is your English getting better?
21. I'm having treatment on my bad back for a few weeks.
22. He's always lying. You can't believe a word he says.
23. Let's go out now. It isn't raining any more.
24. Please be quiet. I'm trying to concentrate.
25. My sister is very busy these days. She's writing an article.
26. I'm learning English at evening classes this year.
27. Jennifer's always losing her key.
28. Are you seeing Nigel tomorrow?
29. I'm living with friends until I find a place of my own.
30. You are spending a lot of money these days.
Ex. 3. Закончите предложения. Используйте the Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. Alice (take, not) the bus to school every day. She usually (walk) instead. (Take, you) the bus to get to school every day, or (walk, you)?
2. It (rain, not) right now. The sun (shine). (Rain, it) a lot here?
3. Right now I (look) at the board. (I, see) some words on the blackboard.
4. I (need) to call my parents today and tell them about my new apartment. They can’t call me because they (know, not) my new telephone number.
5. The tea is good. I (like) it. What kind is it? I (prefer) tea to coffee. How about you?
6. Right now the children (be) at the beach. They (have) a good time. They (have) a beach ball and they (play) with it. They (like) to play catch. Their parents (sunbathe). They (try) to get a tan. They (listen) to some music on a transistor radio. Тheу also (hear) the sound of sea gulls and the sound of the waves
7. Right now I (think) about sea gulls and waves. I (think) that sea gulls are beautiful birds.
8. Sam is at the library. He (sit) at a table. He (write) a composition. He (use) a dictionary to look up the spelling of some Words. The dictionary (belong, not) to him. It (belong) to his roommate. Sam (look) up words in the dictionary because he (want) to make sure that he doesn’ t have any misspelled words in his paper.
9. A: Which colour (prefer, you), red or blue?
В: I (like) blue better than red. Why?
A: According to this magazine article I (read) right now, people who (prefer) blue to red (be) calm and (value) honesty and loyalty in their friends. A preference for the colour red (mean) that a person (be) aggressive and (love) excitement.
B: Oh? That (sound) like a bunch of nonsense to me.
10. A: (Believe, you) in flying saucers?
B: What (talk, you) about?
A: You know spaceships from outer space with alien creatures aboard.
B: In my opinion, flying saucers (exist) only in people’s imagination.
11. Janice: What (write, you) in your notebook?
Diane: I (make) notes about questions I want to ask the teacher.
Janice: (Prepare, you, always) so thoroughly for every class? Diane: I (try, always) to.
12. Bob: Jack really makes me angry!
Bob: Well, for one thing, he (interrupt, always) me. I can barely get a whole sentence out of my mouth.
Sue: Is that all?
Bob: No. He (ask, always) me to do his homework for him. I have enough homework of my own without doing his homework too!
13. Mother: Susie! Get your fingers out of the dessert! What (do, you)?
Susie: I (taste) the cake. It (taste) good.
Mother: Well, you’ll just have to wait until dinner-time. You can have some then.
14. This morning it (rain). I can see Janet from my window. She (stand) at the comer of 5th and Pine. She (hold) her umbrella over her head. She (wait) for the bus. 15. Right now I (look) at Janet. She (look) angry. I wonder what’s the matter. She (have) a frown on her face. She certainly (have, not) any fun right now.
16. I can’t afford that thing. It (cost) too much.
17. I (own, not) an umbrella. I (wear) a waterproof hat on rainy days.
18 The house is in a mess, because we’ve got the workmen in. The plumber (put) in a new bath, the electricians (rewire) the system, and the carpenter (build) us some new bookshelves.
19. You (hear) the wind? It (blow) very strongly tonight
20. You (see) my car keys anywhere?—No, I (look) for them but I (not see) them.
21. Why you (walk) so fast today? You (walk, usually) quite slowly. — I (hurry) because I (meet) my mother at 4 o’clock and she (not like) to be kept waiting.
22. You (recognize) that man?—I (think) I have seen him before but! (not remember) his name.
23. Look at that crowd. I (wonder) what they (wait) for.
24. Stop! You (not see) the notice? — I (see) it but I can’t read it because I (not wear) my glasses. What it (say)? — It (say), “These premises are patrolled by guard dogs.”
25. You (need) another blanket or you (feel) warm enough? 26.It (save) time if I (take) the path through the wood? — No, it (not matter) which path you take.
27. I (save) up because I (go) abroad in July.
28. I (think) it is a pity you don’t take more exercise. You (get) fat.
29. The plane that you (look) at now just (take) off for Paris.
30. Tom never (do) any work in the garden; he always (work) on his car. — What he (do) in his car now? — I (think) he (polish) it.
31. That film (come) to the local cinema next week. You (want) to see it?
32. How Peter (get) on at school? — Very well. He (seem) to like the life.
33. Why Mrs Pitt (look) so angry? — Mr Pitt (smoke) a cigarette and (drop) the ash on the carpet.
34. This is our itinerary. We (leave) home on the 8th, (arrive) in Paris on the 9th, (spend) the day in Paris, and (set) out that night for Venice. — That (sound) most interesting. You must tell me all about it when you (get) back.
35. This story is about a boy who (make) friends with a snake which he (find) in his garden. Then he (go) away but he (not forget) the snake and some years later he (return) and (look) for it. He (find) the snake who (recognize) its old friend and (coil) round him affectionately. But, unfortunately, the snake is by now a full-grown boa-constructor and its embrace (kill) the poor boy. — The snake (feel) sorry about this? — I (not know). The story (end) here.
36. How you (end) a letter that (begin), “Dear Sir”? — I always (put), “Yours truly”, but Tom (prefer) “Yours faithfully”.
37. What the word “catastrophe” (mean)? — It (mean) “disaster”.
38. What you (wait) for? — I (wait) for the shop to open. — But it (not open) till 9.00. — I (know) but I (want) to be early as their sale (start) today. 39. Why you (smoke) a cigar, Mrs Pitt? You (not smoke) cigars as a rule. — I (smoke) it because I (want) the ash. This book (say) that cigar ash mixed with oil (remove) heat stains from wood.
40. Who (own) this umbrella? — I (not know). Everybody (use) it but nobody (know) who (own) it.
41. You (mind) if I (ask) you a question? — That (depend) on the question. -— It (concern) your brother. — I (refuse) to answer any questions about my brother.
42. The last train (leave) the station at 11.30.
43. You (enjoy) yourself or would you like to leave now? — I (enjoy) myself very much. I (want) to stay to the end.
44. How you (get) to work as a rule? — I usually (go) by bus but tomorrow I (go) in Tom’s car.
45. Why you (put) on your coat? — I (go) for a walk. You (come) with me? — Yes, I’d love to come. You (mind) if I bring my dog?
46. You (belong) to your local library? — Yes, I do. — You (read) a lot? — Yes, quite a lot. — How often you (change) your books? — I (change) one every day.
47. You (like) this necklace? I (give) it to my daughter for her birthday tomorrow.
48. These workmen are never satisfied; they always (complain).
49. You (write) to him tonight? — Yes, I always (write) to him on his birthday. You (want) to send any message?
50. Tom and Mr Pitt (have) a long conversation. I (wonder) what they (talk) about.
51. You (believe) all that the newspapers say? — No, I (not believe) any of it. — Then why you (read) newspapers?
52. This car (make) a very strange noise. You (think) it is all right? — Oh, that noise (not matter). It always (make) a noise like that.
53. The fire (smoke) horribly. I can’t see across the room. — I (expect) that birds (build) a nest in the chimney. — Why you (not put) wire across the tops of your chimneys? —Tom (do) that sometimes but it (not seem) to make any difference.
54. The children are very quiet. Go and see what they (do). — They (cut) up some $ 5 notes.
55. What you (wait) for? I (wait) for my change the boy just (get) it.
56. I can’t hear what you (say); the traffic (make) too much noise.
57. She always (lose) her glasses and (ask) me to look for them.
58. Someone (knock) at the door. Shall I answer it? — I (come) in a minute. I just (wash) my hands.
59. You (do) anything this evening? — No, I’m not. — Well, I (go) to the cinema. Would you like to come with me?
60. We (have) breakfast at 8.00 tomorrow as. Tom (catch) an early train.
61. They (dig) an enormous hole just outside my gate. — What they (do) that for? — I don’t know. Perhaps they (look) for oil.
62. What (make) that terrible noise?—It’s the pneumatic drill. They (repair) the road.
63. (You sit) comfortably? Good! I (hope) you (study) this text carefully because I (have) news for you. The Guinness Book of Records (not include) records for eating any more. People who (try) to swallow 47 hard boiled eggs in half a minute will have to do it for pleasure and not to get into the record book. “We (regard) these records as unhealthy,” said the book’s editor, Mr Donald McFarlan.
64. We (hope) you (enjoy) this marvellous weather as much as we are. We (sunbathe) and (go) swimming every day. Next week we (go) boating.
65. The play is set in London in 1890. The action (take) place in Sir Don Wyatt’s mansion. When the curtain (go) up, the hero and heroine (sit) in the lounge. They (argue).
66. Ann sees Tom putting on his coat and says: Where you (go), Tom?
Tom: I (go) to buy some cigarettes. You (want) an evening paper?
Ann: No, thanks. You always (buy) cigarettes, Tom. How many you (smoke) a day?
Tom: I (not smoke) very many—perhaps 20. Jack (smoke) far more than I (do). He (spend) £ 10 a week on cigarettes.
67. Mary (see) Peter standing at the bus stop.
Mary: Hello, Peter. What bus you (wait) for?
Peter: Hello, Mary. I (wait) for a 9 or a 14.
Mary: You usually (go) to work by car, don’t you?
Peter: Yes, but the car (belong) to my mother and she sometimes (want) it. She (use) it today to take Bob to the dentist.
Mary: I usually (go) by car too. Jack (take) me because he (pass) my office on his way to the factory. But this week he (work) in a factory in the opposite direction, so I (queue) like you.
Peter: Here’s a 9 now. You (come) on it or you (wait) for a 14?
Mary: I (think) I’ll take the 9. If I (wait) for a 14 I may be late, and if you (be) late at my office everyone (look) at you.
68. Mary and Ann (wait) outside a telephone box. Inside the box a boy (dial) a number.
Mary: You (know) that boy?
Ann: Yes, he’s a friend of my brother’s. He (phone) his girlfriend every day from this box.
Mary: Where he (come) from?
Ann: He (come) from Japan. He’s a very clever boy; he (speak) four languages.
Mary: I (wonder) what he (speak) now.
Ann: Well, his girlfriend (come) from Japan too; so I (suppose) he (speak) Japanese.
69. It is 8.30. Tom and Ann (have) breakfast. They both (open) their letters.
Tom: No one ever (write) to me. All I (get) is bills! You (have) anything interesting?
Ann: I’ve got a letter from Hugh. He (say) he (come) to London next week and (want) us to meet him for lunch.
70. Peter: You (have) traffic wardens in your country?
Pedro: No, I (not think) so. You (not see) them in my town anyway. What exactly a traffic warden (do)?
Peter: He (walk) up and down the street and if a car (stay) too long at a parking place or (park) in a no parking area he (stick) a parking ticket to the windscreen. Look! He (put) a ticket on Tom’s car. Tom will be furious when he (see) it. He (hate) getting parking tickets.
71. What (happen) in your class? The teacher (give) lectures every day? No. He (give) one lecture a week, and on the other days he (show) films or (discuss) books with us.
72. Why that man (stand) in the middle of the road? —
He (try) to get across. He (wait) for a gap in the traffic. — Why he (not use) the subway? —
Lots of people (not bother) to use the subway. They (prefer) to risk their lives crossing here.
73. You (wear) a new coat, aren’t you? — Yes. You (like) it? — The colour (suit) you but it (not fit) you very well. It’s much too big.
74. Ann (on telephone): You (do) anything at the moment, Sally?
Sally: Yes. I (pack); I (catch) a plane to New York in three hours’ time.
Ann: Lucky girl! How long you (stay) in New York?
75. Jack: I just (go) out to get an evening paper.
Ann: But it (pour)! Why you (not wait) till the rain (stop)?
76. Mrs Jones: My daughter never (write) to me so I never
(know) what she (do). Your son (write) to you, Mrs Smith?
Mrs Smith: Yes, I hear from him every week. He (seem) to like writing letters.
77. I (see) my solicitor tomorrow; I (change) my Will. — You always (change) your will. Why you (not leave) it alone?
78. You (look) very thoughtful. What you (think) about? — I (think) about my retirement. — But you’re only25. You only just (start) your career. — I (know); but I (read) an article which (say) that a sensible man (start) thinking about retirement at 25.
79. Jack: How much longer you (stay) in England?
Paul: Only one more day. I (leave) tomorrow night. I (go) to Holland for two weeks.
Jack: And you (come) back to England after that or you (go) home?
Paul; It (depend) on my father. But if he (agree) to let me go on studying here I’ll certainly come back. And
I (expect) he will agree. By the way, Jack, Ann (see) me off at Victoria tomorrow. Why you (not come) too? You could have coffee with her afterwards.
80.What all those people (do) in the middle of the street? And why they (wear) such extraordinary clothes?
They (make) a film. Most of the crowd are local people who (work) as extras. —
It (sound) great fun. You (think) I could get a job as a film extra? —
I (not know) but I (see) Ann over there; when they (finish) this scene I’ll ask her if they still (take) on extras.
Ann (act) in the film? — She has a small part. She (not act) very well. I (imagine) she got the part because she (know) the director.
81. Mrs Jones: What you (look) for, Tom?
Mr Jones: I (look) for the garage key. I always (look) for the garage key, because nobody ever (put) it back on its hook.
Mrs Jones: I always (put) it back on its hook. Why you (not try) your pockets?
82. Imagine that you (travel) by train in a crowded compartment One of the passengers (read) a newspaper; another (do) a crossword puzzle; another (look) out of the window. Suddenly the train (stop) with a jerk and your suitcase (fall) off the rack on to somebody’s toes.
83. I (hear) that you have bought a new house. —
Yes, but I (not live) in it yet. They still (work) on it and the work (take) longer than I expected. —
I (think) repair jobs always (take) longer than one (expect).
Ex.4 Translate into English. Переведите на английский
1. Позвоните ему сейчас. Я думаю, он еще не спит.
2. Сейчас я много работаю. Я сдаю экзамены.
3. Он не видит, что я смотрю на него. Он что-то читает с большим интересом.
4. Где Нина? — Она занимается английским. По пятницам у нее всегда уроки английского.
5. Пойдем гулять. Дождь не идет.
6. Мой брат работает инженером на заводе. Он говорит, что ему очень нравится его работа.
7. Ваша дочь ходит в школу? - Да, она в пятом классе. - Вы ей помогаете с математикой? - Регулярно.
8. Мой отец очень хорошо знает английский. Он читает английские книги без словаря.
9. Слушай. Телефон звонит.
10. Мой сын не очень хорошо учится в школе. Он слишком много времени уделяет спорту и слишком мало - домашнему заданию.
11. Где вы обычно проводите отпуск? - В Беларуси. Мои родители там живут. - Там есть река или озеро?
- Там большое красивое озеро. Я хорошо провожу там время.
12. Мой брат живет далеко от меня. Я не часто его вижу.
13. Куда вы торопитесь? - В кино. Мой друг ждет меня у кинотеатра.
14. Кому принадлежит этот дом? - Это дом моего дяди.
15. Сколько стоит магнитофон? - 200 долларов.
16. С кем она разговаривает? - Ее босс.
17. Мой брат - дипломат. Он часто уезжает за границу.
18. Мужчина смотрит на вас. Ты знаешь его?
19. Что ты слушаешь? - Слушаю народные песни. Мне они очень нравятся.
20. У моего брата есть машина, но я никогда ею не пользуюсь. Я хочу купить себе машину.
21. Позвоните на вокзал и узнайте, когда приходит поезд из Берлина.
22. Она мне не нравится. Она постоянно ворчит.
23. Вы часто пишете родителям? - Каждую неделю.
24. Не бери эту книгу. Мой брат читает её.
25. Темнеет. Включить свет.
26. Я никогда не езжу на работу. Я всегда хожу.
27. Ты идешь в университет? - Нет. Я иду в библиотеку.
28. Она очень рассеянная. Она постоянно теряет вещи.
29. Моя сестра сейчас живет в Москве. Она учится в Московском университете.
30. Все еще идет дождь? - Да.
31. Уезжаем в пятницу в 8 утра. Встречаемся на вокзале в 7.30.
32. За что он ей нравится? - Она говорит, что он добрый и умный.
33. Ты помнишь Ирину? Мы вместе были в институте.
34. Почему мы не поедем в деревню в воскресенье? - Хорошая идея.
35. Том сейчас очень занят. Он строит гараж.
36. Когда приедет твой отец? - В течение недели.
37. Что вы думаете об этом фильме? - Немного скучно.
38. О чем ты думаешь? - Я думаю о своем детстве.
39. Во сколько закрывается магазин? - в восемь.
40. Когда начинается спектакль? - В 7 вечера.
41. Какие товары экспортирует ваша страна?
42. Над чем ты смеешься? - Том рассказал нам забавную историю.
43. Он никогда не пропускает занятия без уважительной причины.
44. Мои родители сейчас на берегу моря. Они хорошо проводят время.
45. Что ты ищешь? - Ключи от моей машины.
46. Почему ты меня не слушаешь? Это очень важно.
47. Не любишь футбол? Это такая захватывающая игра.
48. Я встречусь с Энн завтра. Мы играем в теннис.
49. Что ты здесь делаешь? - Я просматриваю новые журналы. Я делаю это каждую неделю.
50. Почему вы изучаете английский язык? - Уезжаю на несколько месяцев за границу. Кроме того, мне нужен английский для исследовательской работы.
51. О чем они говорят? - Думаю, они обсуждают итоги конференции.
52. Вы можете выключить телевизор. Я не смотрю его
53. Кто присматривает за вашими детьми, когда вы на работе? Как правило, мама. Она не работает / не работает сейчас.
54. Почему ты так зол? Почему ты плачешь?
55. Он не любит мяса, предпочитает рыбу.
56. В ее диктанте много ошибок, хотя обычно она делает мало ошибок.
57. Конференция начинается 8 июня и заканчивается 14 июня.
58. Где Энн? - Она принимает душ.
59. Почему ты ей не пишешь? - Я не знаю ее адреса.
60. Она не знает, когда придет ее брат.
61. Вы часто видите Энн, не так ли? - Нет, сейчас живет / живет в деревне.
62. Сколько иностранных языков знает Джон? - Два, если не ошибаюсь. А теперь он изучает арабский язык. - Действительно?
Он нужен ему для работы? - Да, он едет в Египет.
63. Следующее поезда отправляется в 10 часов. Вы можете успеть на него, если поторопитесь,
64. Интересно, что она сейчас делает.
1 doesn’t take, walks, do you take, do you walk
2 isn't raining, is shining, does it rain
3 am looking, sec
4 need, don’t know
5 like, prefer
6 are, are having, have, are playing, like, are sunbathing, are trying, are listening, hear
7 am thinking, think
8 is sitting, is writing, is using, doesn’t belong, belongs, is looking up, wants
9 do you prefer, like, am reading, prefer, are, value, means, is, loves, sounds
10 do you believe, are you talking, exist
11 are you writing, am making, do you always prepare, always try
12 is always interrupting, is always asking
13 are you doing, am tasting, tastes
14 is raining, is standing, is holding, is waiting
15 am looking, looks, has, isn't having
17 don't own, wear
18 is putting, are rewiring, is building
19 do you hear, is blowing
20 do you sec, am looking, don’t see
21 are you walking, usually walk, am hurrying, am meeting, doesn’t like
22 do you recognize, think, don’t remember
23 wonder, are waiting
24 don’t you see, see, am not wearing, does it say, says
25 do you need, do you feel
26 does it save, take, doesn't matter
27 am saving, am going
28 think, are getting
29 are looking at, is just taking off
30 does, is always working, is he doing, think, is polishing
31 is coming, do you want
32 is Peter getting on, seems
33 does Mrs Pitt look, is smoking and dropping
34 are leaving, arriving, spending, setting out, sounds, get
35 makes, finds, goes, doesn’t forget, returns, looks, finds, recognizes, coils, kills, does the snake feel, don't know, ends
36 do you end, begins, put, prefers
37 does the word “catastrophe” mean, means
38 are you waiting, am waiting, doesn’t open, know, want, starts/is starting
39 are you smoking, don't smoke, am smoking, want, says, removes
40 owns, don’t know, is using, knows, owns
41 do you mind, ask, depends, concerns, refuse
43 are you enjoying, am enjoying, want
44 do you get, go, am going
45 are you putting on, am going, are you coming, do you mind
46 do you belong, do you read, do you change, change
47 do you like, am giving
48 arc always complaining
49 are you writing, always write, do you want
50 are having, wonder, are talking
51 do you believe, don’t believe, do you read
52 is making, do you think, doesn’t matter, makes
53 is smoking, expect, are building, don’t you put, does, doesn’t seem
54 are doing, are cutting
55 are you waiting, am waiting, is just getting
56 are saying, is making
57 is always losing and asking
58 is knocking, am coming, am just washing
59 are you doing, am going
60 are having, is catching
61 are digging, are they doing, are looking
62 is making, are repairing
63 are you sitting, hope, are studying, have, doesn’t include, are trying, regard
64 hope, arc enjoying, sunbathe, go, are going
65 is taking, goes, are sitting, are arguing
66 are you going, am going, do you want, are always buying, do you smoke, don’t smoke, smokes, do, spends
67 sees, are you waiting, am waiting, usually go, belongs, wants, is using, go, takes, passes, is working, am queuing, are you coming, are you waiting, think, wait, are, looks
68 are waiting, is dialing, do you know, phones, does he come, comes, speaks, wonder, is speaking, comes, suppose, is speaking
69 are having, are both opening, writes, get, do you have, says, is coming, wants
70 do you have, don’t think, don't see, does a traffic warden do, walks, stays, parks, sticks, is putting, sees, hates
71 happens, does the teacher give, gives, shows, discusses
72 is that man standing, is trying, is waiting, doesn't he use/isn't he using, don't bother; prefer
73 are wearing, do you like, suits, doesn’t fit
74 are you doing, am packing, am catching, arc you staying
75 am just going, is pouring, don’t you wait, stops
76 writes, know, is doing, does your son write, seems
77 am seeing, am changing, are always changing, don’t you leave
78 look/are looking, are you thinking, am thinking, arc only just starting, know, am reading, says, starts. 79 are you staying, am leaving, am going, are you coming, are you going, depends, agrees, expect, is seeing, don't you come
80 are all those people doing, are they wearing, are making, are working, sounds, do you think, don’t know, see, finish, are still taking, does Ann act, does not act, imagine, knows
81 are you looking, am looking, am always looking, puts, put, don’t you try
82 are travelling, is reading, is doing, is looking, stops, falls, hear, am not living, are still working, is taking, think, take, expects
1. Ring him up now. I think he is not sleeping yet.
2. I’m working hard now. I'm taking my exams.
3. He doesn’t see that I’m looking at him. He’s reading something with great interest.
4. Where’s Nina? — She’s having an English class. She always has an English class on Fridays.
5. Let’s go for a walk. It is not raining.
6. My brother works as an engineer at a plant. He says he likes his work very much.
7. Does your daughter go to school? — Yes, she is in the fifth form. — Do you help her with mathematics? — Regularly.
8. My father knows English very well. He reads English books without a dictionary.
9. Listen. The telephone is ringing.
10. My son doesn’t do very well at school. He spends too much time on sports and too little time on his homework.
11. Where do you usually spend your holidays? — In Belarus. My parents live there. — Is there a river or a lake there?
— There is a big and beautiful lake there. I have a good time there.
12. My brother lives far from me. I don’t often see him.
13. Where are you hurrying? — To the cinema. My friend is waiting for me outside the cinema.
14. Who does this house belong to?—It is my uncle’s house.
15. How much does this tape recorder cost?—200 dollars.
16. Who is she talking to? — Her boss.
17. My brother is a diplomat. He often goes abroad.
18. The man is staring at you. Do you know him?
19. What are you listening to? — I’m listening to folk songs. I like them very much.
20. My brother has a car, but I never use it. I want to buy my own car.
21. Phone the railway station and find out, when the train from Berlin comes/is coming.
22. I don’t like her. She is constantly grumbling.
23. Do you often write to your parents? — Every week.
24. Don't take this book. My brother is reading it.
25. It is getting dark. Switch on the light.
26. I never drive to work. I always walk.
27. Are you going to the university? — No. I’m going to the library.
28. She is very absent-minded. She is constantly losing things.
29. My sister is living in Moscow now. She is studying at Moscow University.
30. Is it still raining? — Yes.
31. We are leaving on Friday at 8 a.m. We are meeting at the station at 7.30.
32. What does she like him for? — She says he’s kind and clever.
33. Do you remember roe? We were at the institute together.
34. Why don’t we go to the country on Sunday? — Good idea.
35. Tom is very busy now. He’s building a garage.
36. When is your father coming? — In a week.
37. What do you think of this film? — It is a bit boring.
38. What are you thinking about? — I’m thinking about my childhood.
39. What time does the shop close?—at eight
40. When does the performance begin? — At 7 p.m.
41. What goods does your country export?
42. What are you laughing at? — Tom has told us a funny story.
43. He never misses classes without a good reason.
44. My parents are at the seaside now. They are having a good time.
45. What are you looking for? — My car keys.
46. Why aren’t you listening to me? It is very important.
47. Don’t you like football? It is such an exciting game.
48. I’m meeting Ann tomorrow. We’re playing tennis.
49. What are you doing here? — I’m looking through the new magazines. I do it every week.
50. Why are you learning English? — I’m going abroad for some months. Besides, I need English for my research work.
51. What are they talking about? — I think, they are discussing the results of the conference.
52. You may switch off the TV set. I’m not watching it
53. Who looks after your children when you’re at work? As a rule, my mother does. She is not working/doesn’t work now.
54. Why are you so angry? Why are you crying?
55. He doesn’t like meat, he prefers fish.
56. There are a lot of mistakes in her dictation, though she usually makes few mistakes.
57. The Conference begins on the 8th of June and finishes on the 14th of June.
58. Where is Ann? — She’s taking a shower.
59. Why don’t you write to her? — I don’t know her address.
60. She doesn’t know when her brother is coming.
61. You often see Ann, don't you? — No, she lives/is living in the country now.
62. How many foreign languages does John know? — Two, if I’m not mistaken. And now he's learning Arabic. — Really?
Does he need it for his work?—Yes, he is going to Egypt
63. The next train start/is starting at 10 o’clock. You may catch it, if you hurry up,
64. I wonder what she is doing now.
Список используемой литературы:
Материалы использованы из учебного пособия,Л.П. Христорожденственская Английский язык практический курс "Intermediate" Минск, "Попресс", 1998г.
Новгородский государственный университет имени Ярослава Мудрого. СБОРНИК УПРАЖНЕНИЙ ПО ГРАММАТИКЕ АНГЛИЙСКОГО ЯЗЫКА ЧАСТЬ 1 Великий Новгород 2012 Автор-составитель Кокконен Е.И.